Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I  will be linking up with Joyce @  From This Side of the Pond - (as my mommy says)

Corned Beef and Hodgepodge

Here are the questions for this week's Hodgepodge...thanks for playing along!
Answer the questions on your own blog then come back here tomorrow (Wednesday) to link your answers with the rest of the internets.


1. What would you do if you found a pot of gold? Let's pretend this pot of gold is worth exactly $1500 (which would actually be more like a cup of gold at current values). Anyway, let's also pretend you have to spend it as opposed to making a donation someplace. Now tell me what you would do with that cup pot of gold?
 HMM.. this one I skipped... lets see $1,500.00 - First I would take me and my lil one to a day at the spa.. to include Massage, nails and toenails. LONG OVER DUE. Cost ... 400-500.?
That leaves $1,000.00 - I think it would be a day of play! Problem is I am a true CANCER and most likely I would take the money and put it in my savings account. Perhaps taking $200.00 out to have fun with!!

2. Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day in any way, shape, or form?
Sometimes...  and sometimes ... and perhaps sometimes I just
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
3. Have you been bitten by the Spring Cleaning bug? What spring cleaning job most needs doing at your house? What spring cleaning job are you most dreading?  -
OMG I swatted the bug before he could bite me!!! Dang thing! NO I don't wanna and you can't make me! HUH! I have so many Spring cleaning jobs, can we not talk about this? LOL, drawers, closets, ugh!

4. lime-shamrock-sage-forest...your favorite shade of green? Sage!

5. Thomas Jefferson once said, "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it." So...do you believe in luck or do you believe we make our own luck?
 
Tough one! I believe life is what it is! Sometimes we make our luck and sometimes luck just comes along. Sometimes what we think may be luck turns out NOT to be!

6. Monday (3/14) was Pi Day. Get it? Pi =3.14. Those math types are so clever aren't they? Since I'm not one of them tell me what's your favorite piE (the edible kind).
These questions are so hard... Favorite Pie.. only ONE? Hmmm, I guess Cherry! I used to work at Denny's and we had tons of pies, Chocolate cream was a good one, and the Neon green keylime was good too! Ha!

7. That same date (3/14) happens to be the birthdate of the late physicist Albert Einstein. I bet he knew the value of Pi. So...what do you think is more important and or valuable in life... intelligence or common sense? Common Sense!!!
Intelligence is highly over rated. I have known a few "intelligent people" and gosh, lots of them are s'cuse my language - Assholes! Perhaps to be truely intelligent you need both? Often people tell me they see me as "smart" but I have them all fooled! I just know how to communicate with people! Honestly, I am not sure WHAT I remember from College, if anything and I did get good grades. GO FIGURE!

8. Insert your own random thought here.
 
I am new to this blogging, and am sure I am screwing some major things up. Trying to add people, add pictures.. do this do that... I have to keep getting help from my mom... gotta love MOMS! I have added a few people and I will visit more in depth soon. Love, LOVE the pages I have seen so far. Such creativity.. makes me feel under par.. Way to go blogger friends of mine - YOU ROCK!!!

11 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! There's not a whole lot you can mess up, unless you talk about your boss in an unflattering way and your boss happens to read your blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL aubrunchick, I will keep that in mind! I am laughing, My boss is my DAD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing great!!! We were all a little uncertain when we started but with time and practice you'll catch up with us in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am giving away a Moda charm pack:
    http://quiltingranny.blogspot.com/2011/03/moda-charm-pack-giveaway.html
    please stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been blogging for four years, and I still screw up sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That day at the spa sounds wonderful! I could really use that about now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I've been at it for a little more than a year. One of the great things is that if you have any questions, most bloggers are more than welcome to help you out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you are doing a great job! Love the St Patty's Day pictures..you look cute dancing! I wish I had the saving bug, you know me..always burns a hole in my pocket. Thank goodness for Hubby...keeping me on the straight and narrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have 'learned' about blogging as I go. And also with a lot of help from my daughter : ) Like Mary said...throw a question out there into the blogosphere and you'll likely get answers.

    Glad I'm not the only one dodging the cleaning but this spring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the kittens!

    Thanks for sharing :-)

    ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you're doing a great job! Nobody gets it all straight when they first start blogging. I felt like a total idiot in the beginning.

    My daughter is a Cancer too, and she's also a saver. It wasn't always the case with her, but now that she's in her late 20's it's really kicked in.

    One tip to finding all the cool widgets you see on other people's blogs, is to click on (or sometimes underneath) them at whatever blog you see them at. That should take you to the website where you can get all of the info and codes for adding them to your own blog!

    The most important thing that I've learned since I started... Bloggers are awesome people! If you have a question, just put it out there and people will jump right on it!

    Keep up the great job!

    ~Mrs B

    ReplyDelete